We understand that our operations can have direct and indirect impacts on the environment, so Tuplin’s Quality and Environmental Policy sets out to minimise these impacts and helps us operate in an environmentally responsible manner.
We also recognise that our customers strive to continually improve their environmental performance and that as responsible suppliers, we can help.
Tuplin have held ISO 14001 certification since 2012 and as new companies have joined the group they have swiftly taken on our policies and goals. We are proud of our team at Tuplin Royston who have added ISO 14001:2015 to their accreditations following their recent audit in October. Although they have been complying with Tuplin’s Environmental System since joining the Group 3 years ago, they worked hard to improve and innovate new environment initiatives to get the full stamp of approval from our auditors Alcumus Isoquar last month.
Tuplin’s clients can rest assured that sustainability and protection of the environment and our planet is considered across all our operations:-
- We purchase timber from sustainable sources, favouring fsc certified products, supporting responsible management of the world’s forests
- We invest in sophisticated cutting list software and up to date automated/computer aided saws to ensure minimal wood waste is produced during manufacturing, so less waste goes to landfill
- We produce high quality products to ensure longevity so re-use and re-cycling is possible, leading to less waste and lower environmental impact
- We monitor of our energy efficiency, aiming to reduce emissions year on year.
- Where waste products do occur, we focus on recycling, re-use and repurposing and any necessary disposal is via traceable and compliant waste streams
- We raise environmental awareness across our workforce, so we are working together to reduce negative environmental impact.
Summing up, a quote from Alistair Henderson, Managing Director:-
‘’ My team and I are committed to lessening our impact upon the environment, meeting and exceeding our legal requirements as well as those of our customers. ‘’
Our ISO 14001 and 9001 certificates can be found here (link). We are always keen to work with our customers and suppliers to improve and share best environmental and sustainable practise. If you have any questions or suggestions please speak to your day to day Tuplin contact in the first instance, or email our Quality Manager at email@example.com